- Sizing pulsation filtration devices
- Formulas and instructions: API standard 618, Fourth Edition, Appendix O
- Enter the ID and length of all components
- Enter the gas properties which are used to calculate the speed of sound
- Press the "Calculate Helmholtz" button
- The pressure drop through the choke tube should be kept below API 618 pressure drop guideline. Orifice plates may be required to assist in pulsation suppression.
- The helmholtz frequency for any system should avoid coincidence with an order of run speed. The helmholtz frequency should ideally be about 70% of the minimum run speed. Alternately the helmholtz frequency can be set between 1 and 2 times run speed.
Disclaimer: All calculations provided at the Beta Machinery Analysis web site are intended for educational use only.