Often Torsional vibration problems go undetected until a failed component occurs.
To complement our Torsional Design and Troubleshooting Services, BETA has developed proven techniques to measure torsional vibration in the field. Torsional vibration is difficult to measure and requires significant experience. Only specialty firms such as BETA have the methodology and tools to properly measure torsional vibration, and develop recommendations to avoid resonance.
This service is applicable for:
- Any new driver-compressor package
- Custom reciprocating and screw compressors
- Large centrifugal compressors
- Challenging (high risk) torsional designs which may be resonant at certain conditions.
- BETA measures the torsional vibration and compares these to the expected values
- Diagnostic tools include strain gauge with wireless telemetry, shaft encoder, and laser torsiometer
- Measure strain directly to indicate torque reversals - especially important where gearboxes are involved.
- Apply integrated approach using torsional field measurements as well as the design models to assess risk to drivetrain.
|A couple of examples of damage caused by torsional failures|